A Contemporary Photographer's Tricks of the Trade

Posted by Ajax Union Blogging | Posted in , , , , | Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010

I’m a photographer and my practice is dictated not just by what I want to sell, but what I deem worthy of being sold. There are a lot of aspects to photography in this day and age that determine the quality of a photo – no longer is it simply the ability to find the right scene.

When I take photos, I like to really immerse myself in my environment. I don’t want to be seen by my subjects because I want to capture the most natural human interactions. If I’m shooting a landscape, then I often wait until just the right moment to shoot, and waiting for that long usually means getting comfortable and not being disturbed.

Then, I determine which shots to keep on my computer. Photography is a game of chance, the more photos you take, the more chances you have of having great photos. After doing some basic photo editing with PhotoShop, I’ll print out my favorites on inkjet glossy photo paper. If I have some really macro shots, I’ll use inkjet glossy photo paper, otherwise I use photo quality inkjet paper, just to get an idea of whether or not I really want to print a shot on large format paper, and sell it in my gallery.

Comments posted (0)

Post a Comment