Glossy or Matte?

Posted by Jessica G. | Posted in , , , , | Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010


There’s nothing better than printing photos from home. I used to hate having to take film to the developer and wait around all day for the phone call to come get my prints. Now, thanks to the amazing advances in digital cameras and photo printers, I can get the same professional quality from home. But when I first started printing images from my DSLR, I was really overwhelmed with all the paper choices.

Expecting to be in and out, I went to the nearest store and was bombarded with tons of selection of paper. I had no idea there was that much to choose from. It was insane! But after a few trial and errors, I finally figured out what type of paper works for me and the prints I produce. I found that when I’m doing high contrast black and white shots, I like heavy saturation and high gloss. That means I need to stock up on inkjet glossy photo paper. I also keep premium matte photo paper for those cool, colorful shots I take using my art lenses.

Comments posted (0)

Post a Comment