Luster: The Forgotten Photo Quality Inkjet Paper

Posted by Jessica G. | Posted in , , , , | Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010


Whenever I’m printing out photos, I’m always drawn to inkjet glossy photo paper, especially if I’m shooting in black and white. In my mind professionalism correlates to bold images on glossy paper. Maybe it’s because I’m trying to replicate what I’m used to getting from the developers, I’m not sure, but recently I’ve vowed to step outside the box and try something new. That new thing was Luster paper. Wedding, portrait and school photographers have traditionally used luster paper for printing their photos mainly because of its super-subtle sheen and slightly textured feel. It really compliments close up shots, especially when they’re faces, and makes colors bold and warm.

Inkpress Luster paper, available at photopaperplus.com, is a premium resolution, resin coated, bright white photo grade paper and works with both dye and pigment inkjet printers. It dries instantly, which was a huge plus for me. I hate having to wait around and handle the photo with tweezers after I take it out of the printer, just so I don’t ruin it. Apparently its secret is that it has a new ultra-absorbent coating which keeps the inks from puddling or merely laying on top of the paper. Whatever it is I love it and it’s such a nice change from my default inkjet glossy photo paper.

Comment posted (1)

Yeah, that's quite very satisfying. Can you please offer discounted photopapers? Thanks.

Post a Comment